Rachel Beck is a literary agent with Liza Dawson Associates.
Rachel Beck joined Liza Dawson Associates in 2020 after working at a boutique literary agency for 4 years. She has been in the publishing industry since 2009 and worked at Harlequin editing romance novels for nearly six years before transitioning her skills to the agent world in order to be an advocate and champion for authors.
Rachel is looking for:
- upmarket/book club women’s fiction in the vein of Emily Giffin, Jodi Picoult, Jennifer Weiner and Liane Moriarty
- light-hearted millennial fiction or contemporary romance like Kristan Higgins or Sophie Kinsella
- character-driven, psychological/domestic suspense that contain fresh plots and mind-blowing premises
- contemporary young adult, primarily issue-driven material that explores topics such as sexual assault, LGBTQ issues, etc.
- and select nonfiction, such as feminist material; career/business/personal growth books; extreme underdog, survival, accomplishment, or rising-from-poverty type stories; select health and wellness books (especially mental health, eating disorders, any rare or underrepresented conditions, Alzheimer’s/memory books); books about football/the NFL; marathoner/triathlete memoirs; parenting books with new angles; books that explore cult life or extreme religion; 9/11 survival stories.
She is not interested in middle grade, picture books, epic/high fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, erotic romance, short stories or poetry.