Kiana joined DMLA in 2016, where she assisted several agents, and is now building her own client list. She is seeking YA fiction across genres, particularly those with POC and queer voices. She is also interested in Adult romance and domestic suspense thrillers.
Regarding pitches: “If I feel uncomfortable with a pitch or an attendee with regards to racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. (whether in the context of themselves, the story, or being asked how to avoid it), I will respectfully end the conversation.”
– Dark, twisty narratives that explore human complexity
– YA Contemporary featuring lower socioeconomic backgrounds; poor kids who get in as much reckless mischief as their rich counterparts!
– YA featuring happy/hopeful queer romances
– Domestic suspense Thrillers!!!
– Adult science fiction and fantasy
– Adult Romance
– I am especially interested in Horror in YA and Adult.
Do not pitch:
– Crime or military fiction
– Picture books, chapter books, or MG
– Poetry, screenplays, or short stories
– Religious fiction